Monday 26 November 2012

Dear sweet talker, My heart is in a deep grief to write to you today. As I was on board this car to drop my letter, the driver was soo much irritated by your campaign advert you were playing on his radio. He started furiously to wonder how you can take us for granted and think all of us can not reason like you. "Is it because all of us are not coat-coat, that is why they think we can not read between two lines? He opined. He mentioned among other things his displeasure on how the ordinary citizenry is being treated by you and your likes. Sir, he even wished we go back to the military regime.. The disappointment in his eyes can not be hidden in anyway. His hope and trust in you to change things around for him to see improvement in his life is far fading. But, I have seen the 'wakye' seller's daughter in a new school uniform. She was telling her mother that you gave her some books too and she still enjoys one meal at school. Thank you. However Sir, I know you have not forgotten you promised me a stable power supply. But, my light has never be on uninterrupted even for a week nowadays. My water too has not come. The last drop from my tap was seen about a month ago. last night, I couldn’t hold my tears when I was walking through town. Many of the young children you promised good life are sleeping on pavement in the cold. Their life if not worse has not seen much improvement. These and many unfulfilled promises make me wonder how the man I wasted my time to queue in the sun and vote for can tell me he works and cares for me. How can you work for me when you sat down or complicitly allowed 52 million Ghana cedis to be dolled out to Mr. Woyome without sighting any contractual evidence binding us to that 'fraudulent' claim? I wondered how someone who was on his knees begging for my vote to come into power to manage state resources and properties prudently can sit down and leave a state of an art Presidential Palace to get rotten and taken over by rats and bats will have such courage to tell me he works for me... I can not reconcile the action of a person who accepted a 92 million CP arbitration deal without names of the signatories and various correspondences given at the arbitration with this sweet talk, I work for you. You can not work for me when I' can only afford one meal a day whiles Ministers spend my money on private secretaries abroad and when quizzed, you tell me, it is not the first time. How can you say, you care about me, when my neighbours daughter has to sleep with someone before getting a job...? Why should I believe that you care about me when after spending years in University the only job you can tell me to do is to learn barbering... I would have been naïve to believe this your sweet lyrics, but 'tufiakwa' and God forbid, my eyes are wide opened now. You have taught me a bitter lesson I will never forget. You never cared for me...you have never worked for. What you cared most was how to protect your interest. What you sweat and worked for all these years was to secure you family and friend's interest. From my base here in Donkorkurom, I will continue to walk on my untarred road. I will continue to sleep on the pavement and hustle to be able to afford at least two meal a day. But, what I can never do again is to believe this your political rhetoric ' I work for you' What I will never do again is to go and sleep in the mosquitoes overnight to queue and vote for you. Who can we believe to change this our country for the better? From the economic hardship and the cedis instability to the corruption in Government, it seems the country is facing a leadership crises. Until then, let us meet on December 7. Yours Truly Ato Kwamena Haizel Donkorkurom-Asemasa Dehay155@yahoo.com

No comments: